Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ranch Update

We heard the sounds of machinery outside last evening again. This time it was a large tractor with a rake attachment and what appears to be a seeder. The guy driving it worked until about 8pm (well into the dark) and finally parked it and left the rig in our backyard. I'm guessing he'll be back. Our fingers are crossed that grass will be growing soon. The downside is, there are still lots and lots of small to medium sized rocks out there and I don't expect they'll be removed. That'll just be another little project for the "to do" list I guess. Oh well, this is probably a pretty good excuse for me to buy a trailer for the mower.

Yesterday we also received delivery of our new pool table. It looks really nice, however, it was delivered with the wrong legs (figures). The company will be bringing out the correct version next time they are coming near Topeka. In the meantime, it has been completely setup and is ready for use. Cody and I have played four games already and it's great. Cody (Tecumseh Slim) is a darn good pool player, so be warned. Just remember, everybody is welcome out at the ranch. No reservations needed. You can even take some rocks home for free if you want.

No comments: