Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Stuff




Since it's been six months since anyone has posted on here, I thought I'd "break the silence".

We're getting ready to close out the school year with both Brittany and Casey. Tonight is Casey's band concert at French Middle School and tomorrow night (weather allowing) will be Brittany's band concert at Topeka West. Casey is counting the days - on one hand, now - until school is out. Brittany is gritting her teeth and preparing for finals. (Kind of hard to do when there is something going on nearly every night; last night we enrolled her in driver's ed (YIKES!!) Casey's concert, her own concert, clarinet lessons, graduation parties, playing at graduation, etc.)



Both girls have done really well this year at school....
A's and B's. Proud Mom!! ;-)

My wonderful, precious and sweet Granddaughter - Hailey - will turn 10 months on May 23 and, as you can see from Bruce's typically genius photography, she's a doll-face!!

Erin is (hopefully seriously) considering moving here by the end of the summer to attend WU Tech. She would like to become a surgical tech (like Lorna McPhail). I have every confidence that she can do this and only hope that she follows through with it. I'm very excited for her!!

Nick is living in Manhattan and, as of this writing, is working for a landscape company. I worried that this would be like all outdoors employment and only be seasonal but he assures me that snow removal is a big part of their business as well so he should be - if all goes well - gainfully employed on a long-term basis. VERY cool!!

No comments: