Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Culinary Treat

Casey is counting down the minutes to the finale of "Hell's Kitchen" and I could never compete with that, however... the girls and I spent the day in what I like to think of as "Heaven's? Kitchen?". Okay, like the cat said, "I cannot brain today, I have the dumb."

Anyway...Brittany and Casey came over, looked through recipes, each selected one, they made a grocery list, we went shopping, they cooked, and the results were delicious!

Voila! Fried Chicken Strips


and for dessert, Blue Ribbon Peanut Butter Torte


Thanks for a great meal. Can't wait for next time!
(I'm off to do the dishes.)

3 comments:

Bruce L. Snell said...

Soooo good! Thanks again girls.

-Uncle Bruce

Ruth or Joe said...

Oh man! Chicken Strips are among one of my very favorites and Peanut Butter Torte -- sounds yummie to me - peanut butter is my all time favorite. You girls could open your own restaurant any day now. Be sure and invite us to the opening!!!

Also, you could make up a book of your favorite recipes and sell them. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on future delights to tickle the pallet.

Kelli said...

I know they had a GREAT time. They were so excited when they came home with samplings of their creations.

Thanks, again, Karen for giving them such a cool day.