Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Wonderful Day

My children and husband gifted me with a wonderful Mother's Day. I have come to learn that many texts, emails and phone calls were involved in planning my day of leisure. I awoke to my own clock and showered as Bruce headed out to collect my brunch from McDonalds. (He learned long ago that when he cooks..bad things can happen.) Then he herded Cody and I into the car to head for Lawrence where we picked up Austin,
Tyler (sporting his "MY MOM ROCKS" t-shirt ) and the lovely scotch heather that the boys had purchased for me.





We then headed to Waverly where the boys helped me to decorate Mom's gravesite, potted azalea courtesy of Tyler, Cody and Austin.



Then back to Topeka where my men cooked a delectable lunch of grilled steak, baked potatoes, corn on the cob and rolls. MMMMMMM ! The young 'uns did the dishes while Bruce headed out to pick up the chocolate fudge cake that we were going to have for dessert. MMMMMM again!


I have the most wonderful, thoughtful family there can be. I don't know what I did to deserve you, but I thank God everyday and I love you with all my heart.

Thank you for a memorable day!

3 comments:

tyty said...

1. them flowers were from all your boys

2. my face looks all fat in that picture

tyty said...

ok wait i think i read it wrong nevermind.

face is still fat though.

Austin said...

love you too, mom