Whew! It's been quite a month and about time I posted all the "goings on" around here. You might go get a drink and get comfortable, this could take a bit. First off, as most of you know Karen, Austin and I did the Jamaica thing and survived. The place has changed a great deal since we visited 15 years ago. In some ways better (airport and roads) and in some ways worse (Burger King in Negril?) but all in all still good. We met some very nice folks, some locals and some other tourists. One evening we went with some of our new "temporary friends" to Ric's Cafe and watched Austin jump 35 feet or so into the ocean. He survived and we had a great meal as the sun set. I won't bore you all with tons of vacation stories, so I'll just say it was "irie mon".
Next up, hmmm, well if you didn't know Tyler is moving to a cool upstairs pad over a flower shop in Lawrence. He's also spending his Sunday evenings playing on a company sponsored kickball team. We don't hear from him here on the blog much, but I can tell you he's doing very well.
The honorable Cody is reconsidering law school after his upcoming graduation this next May. He's also moving in a couple of months. Cody's new home will be the Washburn Apartments (assuming all goes well and there's room, etc.). So far this summer he's hanging out, drinking Pepsi, surfing the internet, watching political tv and cartoons. Oh yeah, he's also getting a crash course in how health insurance works (I'll let him tell that story).
Austin began working at the VA this summer as well as some intermittent jobs with Gizmo Pictures. He's working in the kitchen from 6am-2:30pm and then off to whatever adventure he's got lined up after that. We don't see him too much. This week he's been apartment hunting in Lawrence. He's now decided to return there this fall and attend Johnson County Community College (they've got a connector bus that takes Lawrence students to the campus in Johnson Co). Hopefully, he'll get the place he's wanting (14th and Mass). Next Monday he and I head to JCCC to apply and enroll for the fall semester.
Karen has been house hunting for us and we are spending lots of Sundays going to open houses. Christmas in a new house? I dunno... maybe... hard to say. And speaking of Christmas, we will all be heading off to Mexico for a week beginning the Saturday after Jesus' birthday. I was blessed with a great 2007 in photography and am looking forward to taking the boys and Karen to one of our favorite spots. As Howard Dean would say, "Yeeeeeeeaaaaaawwwwww".
Well, that's about it for this post. Have a good one...
-Bruce
2 comments:
Now THAT'S what I call a good post. Let's have more of them, Pardner, as well as from Karen, Ty, Cody, Aus and Mike (is he on the blog?). We're really glad to hear all the "little" boys are doing well and encourage Aus and Cody to pursue the education you mention.
Love,
Dad, GPa Joe
Post a Comment